05 November 2009

Where did October go!?

Hello all! I feel so terrible for not updating this blog in over a month :( I will try to be better about it, I PROMISE! Well, since I have last updated a LOT has occurred! I will make a list of the top 10 events and if you want to know more about them, you can ask me and I'll tell you! Also, I will put links up to my latest photo albums on Facebook so you can see the pictures I have been taking!

1. I have been doing a lot of baking and cooking, and most of it has included pumpkin! Pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin bread, pumpkin granola bars...you name it, we probably made it!
2. I went hiking at Omoshiroyama Koen. It is easily the most beautiful place I have ever seen!
3. I survived my first typhoon! The typhoon hit closer to Tokyo, which is further south, so we just got a lot of rain and wind.
4. I watched a few co-workers run in the Matsushima Marathon and got to nap at a gorgeous park!
5. I spent the weekend at the cabin that is owned by the school and saw the Pacific Ocean from the Japanese coast. I also slept outside and saw the sunrise!
6. The Immersion Kindergarten Program had Kids and Parents day, like an open house, and I got to help the teachers in their classrooms and serve lunch to the students and their families.
7. The Kindergartners went on a field trip to Michinoku Park and had a BLAST! This was unlike any park I have ever been to in America. It was so much fun!
8. I have been taking Japanese lessons every week! So far, I know about 30 Hiragona characters/sounds, how to count to 10, and can order at a restaurant. I also know about 30 random vocabulary words made of the sounds/characters I have learned so far. Their characters are so complex and difficult to write. It is also very important that the strokes to make the characters are written in the correct order so there is a lot of memorizing.
9. I have been able to do a lot of reading here, and I am so glad! I have always loved reading, but it has been so long since I have been able to read for pleasure. I have read over 1,000 pages (in two books) and I am working on another one that is about 600 pages! I hope to have it finished by next week!
10. I saved the very best for last...I AM ABOUT TO GET TWO BABY BUNNIES FOR FREE!!!! The school raises many different animals for the kids to learn from and experience. And I'm not really even supposed to have pets in my apartment, but I asked my boss and she said it would be okay for me to have the bunnies! Their cage is being delivered to my apartment tomorrow and I get to take the bunnies home with me this weekend! I have wanted a bunny since before I can remember...I asked for one every Christmas and birthday, and I never got one! So I am so excited to get TWO!! I still haven't decided on names for them, so if you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them! UPDATE: As of 6:25 p.m. I have decided to name my bunnies Jovie and Regina!

Here are links to my most recent albums on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2018014&id=1534140031&l=1c02c3a83f

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2018015&id=1534140031&l=7e3f9cec25

Just copy and paste into the URL and viola!


Again, sorry it took forever for me to update this! But if you want to keep closer tabs on me, just join Facebook :) It would be like we were practically in the same city!

No comments:

Post a Comment