19 April 2010

Where can I find 17 pairs of earplugs?

Yes, that's right. 17 pairs of earplugs...16 for my students and 1 for me. Why you ask? Because one of my kids screamed/cried/threw a tantrum ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DAAAAAAAAAAAY LOOOOOOOOOOOONG. From the time she arrived at 8:45 until she left at 2:15...screaming, crying, saying "mama waaaaaa" not to mention stomping, kicking off her shoes, etc. You get the idea. I was doing okay until about 1:00 when it was time for the kids to start their stations (like centers) and I couldn't do ANYTHING but hold her in order for her to be quiet enough (yes, still crying and screaming) so the other kids could hear anything I said. I broke down. I cried. In the middle of class. The kids didn't see me...but I was crying. It was rough to say the very least. The other k4 teacher and I didn't leave school until 7:00 and I brought work home with me. My eyelids need kickstands. My head needs about 4,000 extra-strength Excedrin. My day needs to be about 12 hours longer so I can take a nap and then get more work done. My sanity needs about 12 hours of sleep (totally not happening).
Other than that, my day was fantastic :) My other kids are AWESOME. They play together, they (usually) obey, they try to participate, they eat all their lunch...they're great. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE all my kids. Even when they cry and scream and cry some more. I'm just looking forward to the day when I don't have to focus all my attention on one kid instead of being able to spread it out evenly between my 16.
Pray for my kids. Pray for me. Pray for comfort...for me and the kids.
Tomorrow is a new day, and I will rejoice in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment